Monday, July 18, 2005

Home

Well I came home from yli on Saturday and today was the first real day back that I was fully immersed with other people. See I had water polo practice today and I was hanging with my buddies from my team who happen to be my old buddy's and they were talking about things that they had done the night before and how they were hangover and it made me reminisce and at that point I think I realized how hard that this was going to be to change my ways.

one verse that really comes to mind right now is
James 1:2-8
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he ask, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave in the see, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive antything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

I know that its not going to be an easy road but I know that God will pull me though it. My trials if you will with social pressure and struggling to separate myself form the world and worldly matter will make me stronger and more Christ like. I know that if I ask him for wisdom and understanding as well as any other discipline I might need in my journey closer to him I can receive form him by asking with a confident heart, confident in his power love and grace.

Lord o God help me to not conform to the things that people are doing around me, help me to be more like you and to have strength and courage as I go out into a world out to suck me back in. Lord thank you for getting me this far and thank you for your great love for I deserve neither, Lord help me to continue my journey. In your holy name

amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home